Repeated animated gif skips; no setting to loop gif

earlycoffee

Hi, I'm creating slide shows in Photostage that include sequences of looping animated gifs. There is a reference in the Help manual to a setting to make one gif loop, but apparently it doesn't actually exist per a question to the forum a few years ago.

So I duplicate each 3.2 second gif to the desired length. This works except . . . 

In every instance, there's a little skip or jump or hiccup in the gif. Sometimes it's just in the first gif of the repeated sequence and sometimes it's in every one. It doesn't affect the length of the gif; it's like it skips back a few frames and then jumps back to where it's supposed to be.

It doesn't happen in VideoPad, but I prefer working in Photostage. (Edited to add: yes it does happen in VideoPad, just slightly less jerky.)

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 4:35 PM, earlycoffee said:

Any suggestions?

Sorry for delayed response.  gif looping has been asked for before, but apparently not implimented.

Duplication works well as long as you reduce the transition time between each instance of the gif to zero.  When you reduce the transition time, the window actually goes down to 0.010 but then shows as zero in the slideshow. This eliminates the jerking when playing back multiple instances of a gif.