Foot pedal

martagold

Using Windows XP - pedal config VEC-USB Works fine for a while then when pressing the play pedal nothing happens for 5-10 seconds then it backs up the 3 sec and starts. The start can we forced by focusing on the ExpressScribe window. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marta

Guest Emily

I am having a similar problem. My voice files skip. Sometimes they stop for five to ten seconds and then restart in the same place as soon as I stop typing. Sometimes the recording stops, and then when I stop typing it restarts at an earlier point. Only once or twice has it skipped ahead.

This really slows down my productivity. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest monica

i recently contacted express scribe about this problem {play stopping and sometimes starting in a few seconds or having to click on the express scribe window to make the mp3 start again} and received the following answer, which seems to have solved my problem so far.

Hi Monica,

I have not received any reports of this sort of behavior from other Express Scribe users so it is not a known problem. If you have several USB ports on your computer please connect the foot pedals to a different USB port and then run the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard in Express Scribe (Settings -> Control). When finished, try some more transcribing and let me know whether or not the problem has been rectified.

Peter M.

{my original message dollows}

At 12:45 AM 10/05/2005, you wrote:

ExpressScribe TechnicalSupportRequest:

when i am transcribing in Word, the foot pedal control seems to stop working and i have to click on the express scribe window in order to make the foot pedal activate. how can i make this stop happening? i don't recall having this problem before and have been using express scribe for around 8-10 months or so.