Newbie-does the paid verson of wavepad allow you to include synthesized instruments that sound real (e.g. bass and drums)

FIG000

I am jjust getting into daw software. I was about to go for cakewalk but the free version is being discontinued and there is no indication of what it will cost. So I am looking at wavepad.  There are two things i need to know.

1. I am assuming that the unpaid version of wavepad does not have the ability to put fake (looped0  instruments that sound real such as bass and drums). I realize that this sounds like an elementary question but i am just starting out. I saw that wavepad is only around 39 dollars and change which is acceptable for a newbie like me. 

I play acoustic guitar and sing. I have a number of originals that I want to sell but so far have been using my iphone to put videos on youtube. I figure if I want to use services like tunecore i need to record mp3s another recording format. I am hoping to record my voice and my guiitar as tracke and then include loops that sound real for the bass and guitar. I know nothing about it so i'll ask if I can do this with the paid version of wavepad? If I need to buy another product. I don't have any friends who play bass and drums and I am not up for paying for studio time.

Again, sorry for the newbie questions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

One workaround is to manually make the loop although that could be tedious and requires some precision work. Another thing I could think of is to use a media player as for the backing track (looped) during recording (if I understand the situation correctly).

The "Master's Edition" registration gives you a single unrestricted license to install WavePad on a single computer. Features include VST plugin support (Windows) and the SFX Library. The "Standard Edition" registration has all Master's Edition features except for VST plugin support and the SFX Library.

MakubX,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have found as a programmer is it's usually hard to know what someone doesn't know because a complete lack of knowledge is kind of hard to understand.

I had thought (with no good reason) thought that VST is a technology that allows you to create virtual backing tracks that actually sound like the instrument. From your description of workarounds I have a feeling I'm wrong. The reason I asked if wavepad might NOT be what I wanted is because I know there are some daws that allow you to include what I know as loops (could be the wrong term). I got to play with such things when I had cakewalk years ago. 

So based on what you said about a work around I asm asssuming that wavepad will not allow me to import realistic sounding instruments (bass and drums) loops to create backing tracks. In that case I should look at another DAW? I would be willing to try the work arounds but I'm not sure how I would put together the backing tracks and if you are talking about media player in windows (the only one I know of) then recording it would possibly involve unwanted ambient sounds.

Anyway bottom line is I would like to find a daw that will give me the ability to create realistic sounding backing tracks. If Wavepad isn't it then I'll ask you what the cheapest DAW is that will give me what I want. I can continue my research and I will but not knowing what the terms (e.g. VST) mean is a handicap.

Thanks again for your reply. I would appreciate more information. I'm sure I'm not the first person who has had to go through this.

Neil

Hi, MixPad should be a better choice for you in this case. WavePad is mainly an editor compared to MixPad which you can check here (demo is free) as well as technical support via this link

This reference video might also help (could actually be what you are trying to do)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyDDTuzMYU

More video tutorials: https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/tutorial.html

Hopefully, a more experienced audio dude could chime in and provide better insights on this in general. For the meantime, support link above is very available for additional inquiries (tech and sales).

Thanks so much. It's a start. This is based on Cakewalk circa ten years ago. It came with this odd beat maker kind of software. I didn't know what I was doing but I found that I could download a single note of bass. The software (which I wish could remember the name of) allowed me to take the one note, change the pitch and duration and using that technique I could string these modified notes together to create a backing track. Unfortunately Cakewalk is no longer free and the new version, "Cakewalk Next" is sort of beta and there is no price for it now. The old Cakewalk is no longer supported.

Thanks for your help. I will welcome any other input from people who are highly technical as you mentioned.

Neil