Speed Change

Mark Waco

If the speed change value is 100.00, does this mean the captured music is captured at 100.00? I assume "Yes". If I then change the speed to 104.00 for playback, and do not change back before saving the file, does the file save at 104.00 speed, and will a new audio file captured be at 104.00? Will I need to resave all files saved at 104, back to 100? That might depress me a little.

Thanks in advance. 

MW

Hi, the file will save at whatever speed was set and when reloading the same file, that speed will be '100' and you'd need to decrease it to 96 to get the original speed back. Simply put, what ever the speed of the file loaded into WavePad is, that becomes default.

So, if I load a file and the speed in Wavepad is 104, and then save it at 104, then I need to change the speed to 96, reloadchange the speed to 100 and save it again to get it back right.  Don't mean to be dense but this is messing with my head a little. Thank you.

That is pretty much right. Just remember that the program will always recognize files at 100 speed by default when loaded regardless of its original/past quality. You may want to save a copy of either the original file or the project file for sensitive projects.

Last question I have. I appreciate you taking the time on this issue and I'm trying to decide whether to start this massive project over or just continue moving forward. And this is the last one.

If a song has a duration of 4 minutes,  as stated on an album cover, when it is captured in Wavepad, and looking at the digital file from the first sound to the last sound, should time in between match the stated time on the cover? Or, are the stated times just WAGs (Wild A$$ Guesses.) I cannot find a direct answer on the Web. I'm going to run another test to see, but initially I have a pure 4 minute song that actually shows 3:55 of actual music on the time scale.

As always, thanks in advance.

MW