AVI to mp4 conversions stop at 4:56 every time

kyuh

Trying to convert old family videos from DV camcorder that are in AVI format, to mp4 (highest quality). When the conversion process reaches 4 minutes and 56 seconds the conversion dialog speeds up and quickly finishes as if the conversion is complete. However, when playing the converted video it only plays up to the 4:56 mark, then the screen is filled with a multi-color pixelated pattern. This same outcome happens with other AVI files. It also happens when the default quality setting is selected.

• 4 months later...

I must agree. I have downloaded the latest version of Prism for PC. I am using Windows 7 and the SW converts the avi file to mp4 until exactly 4:56 into the video. Same exact symptoms. After that the converted video looks like a psychedilic array of colorful gibberish as a frozen image for the rest of the 2 hour video. It converts slowly and correctly until 4:56 then takes off filling the rest of the file with that gibberish image in less than 30 minutes. I have paid for this software (twice) and registered it and downloaded the latest version. If this isn't resolved soon, I will post images on Amazon with my 1 star review. I also have a chat open for 24 hours with Amazon customer service. 

• 1 month later...