Preserve directory structure ?

LarsAC

Hello,

Switch works fine for me -- I want to keep a synchronized version of my music library (which is in Ogg, Flac, mp3) in mp3 for use on my iPod.

Is it possible to convert files in a way that the target directory structure matches the source directory structure? Or at least to automatically create target directory based on tags (e.g. artist/album) ?

I don't like to have many thousand files in one directory, even if iTunes can probably handle this.

Thanks,

Lars

Hello,

Switch works fine for me -- I want to keep a synchronized version of my music library (which is in Ogg, Flac, mp3) in mp3 for use on my iPod.

Is it possible to convert files in a way that the target directory structure matches the source directory structure? Or at least to automatically create target directory based on tags (e.g. artist/album) ?

I don't like to have many thousand files in one directory, even if iTunes can probably handle this.

Thanks,

Lars

Lars,

I posted a question today that explains how I go about doing what it is you want to do. What I do is copy the folder structure and source files over to a different drive. Or you could copy it into an empty folder on the same drive. Then I add the top folder, or folders to the batch file conversion window and start the conversion. It works fine, except that it leaves the source files in the folders along with the new files. So you have to go through and delete them. If after the conversion is done you use VIEW in IE to sort the files in each folder by type you can quickly select and delete the source files. But it gets tedious. You have to do this in every folder that contains files. My question was whether there is a way to have the source files automatically deleted. I'm still waiting for any answer on that.

what version are you using ? the latest is 1.12 . see Help menu -> About in the software.

Yes, I have 1.12. Anyway, I now use JRiver Media Center which does what I want apart from the fact that it does not copy source files if they are already in the required target format. But this can easily be done from the shell, hence I am satisfied with that solution for now.

Lars