can't load sony msv dvf files

krnotley

With the Sony plug-in, I used to be able to load msv and dvf files with no problem (previous to v4.09). Now, since I reinstalled the plug-in and also installed E-scribe v4.10. When I tried to load an msv file, it used 100% of my memory, and took an hour to load a 9 minute msv file! After an hour I gave up trying to load a 15 minute dvf file. I tried several variations multiple times--reinstalling the plug-in, uninstalling and reinstalling E-scribe, with the same bad result.

Now here's the funny thing: both formats play fine on WMP, and load perfectly into Switch and WavePad. Well, not so funny, but you get my meaning. Any help out there?

With the Sony plug-in, I used to be able to load msv and dvf files with no problem (previous to v4.09). Now, since I reinstalled the plug-in and also installed E-scribe v4.10. When I tried to load an msv file, it used 100% of my memory, and took an hour to load a 9 minute msv file! After an hour I gave up trying to load a 15 minute dvf file. I tried several variations multiple times--reinstalling the plug-in, uninstalling and reinstalling E-scribe, with the same bad result.

Now here's the funny thing: both formats play fine on WMP, and load perfectly into Switch and WavePad. Well, not so funny, but you get my meaning. Any help out there?

Had the same problem after loading V4.10 on two separate machines (both laptops). Eventually uninstalled 4.10 and the MSV patch from Sony and reinstalled 4.01 which I had a copy saved. Also reinstalled the Sony patch for MSV. Works perfectly again. So must be the new version. I had tried the same file before the upgrade and ran well on 4.01 and 4.06 and 4.09 running on PC versions; just would not run on 4.10. So am thinking a software bug. Also 4.10 bogged down the whole drive as kept loading and loading for hours when the same file loaded in the lesser versions in minutes.

Had the same problem after loading V4.10 on two separate machines (both laptops). Eventually uninstalled 4.10 and the MSV patch from Sony and reinstalled 4.01 which I had a copy saved. Also reinstalled the Sony patch for MSV. Works perfectly again. So must be the new version. I had tried the same file before the upgrade and ran well on 4.01 and 4.06 and 4.09 running on PC versions; just would not run on 4.10. So am thinking a software bug. Also 4.10 bogged down the whole drive as kept loading and loading for hours when the same file loaded in the lesser versions in minutes.

Thanks. It's a shame that problem cropped up. For now, since the plug-in clearly does work with Switch, if I have to, I'll convert the Sony files to wav and then load them into ES. ES would do that conversion anyway.

It seemed as though some of the newer features for v4.09 and 4.10 were pushed out so fast that some of the older, existing features were forgotten about. I noticed for instance that there the new "notes" feature, but it doesn't say what it's for. Meantime, the typing pad--which I didn't use in any case--has disappeared, although it's still featured in the manual.