Windows Vista & Express Scribe

TypingMommy

I had to purchase a new computer as my other PC got fried and I went to download Express Scribe on this computer and the download is fine but it won't play the welcome file or anything else. The time or nothing moves. Is Express Scribe not compatible with Windows Vista? Does anyone have any tips they could offer me to make it work? I have checked all my settings and everything is set to the right way.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I've encountered the very same problem. Every aspect of my Vista setup has required serious effort. Time to go to work on this little doozy... I'll report back if I find anything.

Have you tried selecting an actual sound device, rather than "Default Sound Out" in your Settings? My OS is XP Pro, but whereas I couldn't load Sony files *at all* with v4.10, now they will load, however with much problems: they take longer thanplaying them, and tie up the 100% of the cpu usage, but it's a baby step. My point is that the change that allowed that baby step was to specify a sound device, rather than default. Note that both WavePad and Switch have zero problems loading the Sony files. Good luck, KRN.

Hello

The same thing happened to me and I called Dell and they told me what to do. After downloading the newest version of 4.1, you have to right click on the Set Up icon and run as an administrator. Mine worked fine after that. Let me know if that helps. I was so impressed with Dell's Tech Support this time. Very knowledgeable and I am relieved.

Lynn :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
I had to purchase a new computer as my other PC got fried and I went to download Express Scribe on this computer and the download is fine but it won't play the welcome file or anything else. The time or nothing moves. Is Express Scribe not compatible with Windows Vista? Does anyone have any tips they could offer me to make it work? I have checked all my settings and everything is set to the right way.

Thanks.

I, too, am having the same problem. I actually just posted it before I saw your post. Have you figured anything out?