Split recording into multiple tracks

Guest talisker!

Guest talisker!

I am recording voice for burning onto a CD. I would like to split the single large voice file into smaller files for ease of navigation on the CD. How do I do this in WavePad?

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to use WavePad to move through the file finding the beginning and end of each item. Select the item and define it as a "region". Then select the option Copy region(s) to CD in the Region List window, the items will be copied as separate tracks.

Refer to the help topic Bookmarks, Regions and the Assemble Tool for more details

Guest Guest
You will need to use WavePad to move through the file finding the beginning and end of each item. Select the item and define it as a "region". Then select the option Copy region(s) to CD in the Region List window, the items will be copied as separate tracks.

Refer to the help topic Bookmarks, Regions and the Assemble Tool for more details

Is that possible with the free version? A region seems to be similar to a selection, but regions are said to be master's only??

Region is a feature of the Master Edition, so it will be disabled it after 14 days trial. You can also try the following way:

~Use WavePad to move through the file finding the beginning and end of each item. Select the item then select Edit->Copy To New. Finally use File->Save to save the new item as a seperate file. Repeat the process for each item.

Region is designed to help you do this kind of job more efficiently.