IVM problem with DTMF tones

jglass38

I have IVM set up and when using it through an internal softphone, I can use the key functions (dial 1 for whoever) on the auto attendant. With two external lines ,Skype through the skype2sip adapter and Iphonex, it does not recognize the tones when I dial an option. When it was just happening with Skype I assumed it to be a Skype issue but now that its happening with a SIP provider as well, I must have a misconfiguration. Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure how related this is, but Im testing IVM also and found that on outbound calls, DTMF detection works just fine when I call a landline number here in the UK. If however, I call a mobile (cell) phone, it detects no digits at all.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I use a SIP provider, voiptalk.org

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, we are seeing this too. We use inphonex.com as our VOIP provider, and have our system using via VOIP only.

The answering attendant was working fine (for a few months) until about a week ago (when a customer emailed us asking what was wrong with our phones), now DTMF is not being recognized at all. I went to the support FAQ and found a section on the DTMF issue (related to using a voice modem), which recommended reducing the outbound messaging volume. I tried this, but it did not solve it. Using the call simulator, the system navigates fine. It's odd that it was working without any problems and then suddenly stops without any changes from our side... We have also rebooted the server, and reloaded the IVM application to no avail.

Anyone else have a suggestion of where to go next?

I've been through numerous SIP providers here in the UK, and finally found one that seems to work on all inbound/outbound calls, landlines and mobiles.

http://www.voipfone.co.uk/

Paul

Yes, we are seeing this too. We use inphonex.com as our VOIP provider, and have our system using via VOIP only.

The answering attendant was working fine (for a few months) until about a week ago (when a customer emailed us asking what was wrong with our phones), now DTMF is not being recognized at all. I went to the support FAQ and found a section on the DTMF issue (related to using a voice modem), which recommended reducing the outbound messaging volume. I tried this, but it did not solve it. Using the call simulator, the system navigates fine. It's odd that it was working without any problems and then suddenly stops without any changes from our side... We have also rebooted the server, and reloaded the IVM application to no avail.

Anyone else have a suggestion of where to go next?

Hi,

Not sure how related this is, but Im testing IVM also and found that on outbound calls, DTMF detection works just fine when I call a landline number here in the UK. If however, I call a mobile (cell) phone, it detects no digits at all.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I use a SIP provider, voiptalk.org

that could be because the users cell phones dtmf tones are not turned on.