What other foot pedals will work (not Olympus)

MaliasRV

Looks like I'll have to return the Olympus foot pedal I just received because it won't work with Express Scribe. Guess I didn't look any further than the front page that says ES works with Olympus - I guess that's only if you have Olympus software, too?

Anyway, is my only option to buy foot pedals through Express Scribe? I've seen less expensive ones like Infinity at EBay, etc. and am trying to save money here, but I need something that will work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Malia

Looks like I'll have to return the Olympus foot pedal I just received because it won't work with Express Scribe. Guess I didn't look any further than the front page that says ES works with Olympus - I guess that's only if you have Olympus software, too?

Anyway, is my only option to buy foot pedals through Express Scribe? I've seen less expensive ones like Infinity at EBay, etc. and am trying to save money here, but I need something that will work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Malia

ES works with Olympus FILES, not hardware. I've found that:

Olympus software works only with Olympus foot controls, and

Olympus foot controls work only with Olympus software (and perhaps one or two others out there now)

Olympus maintains their status be being very proprietary, not sharing information, and sort of like acting like Apple did in the early days - (if you want an Apple, you have to buy it from Apple.)

You can buy almost any "generic" foot pedal from many vendors, and the VEC that is sold here can be bought from office supply houses in several countries, including the U.S, Canada (those folks are friendly!), etc.

I've found the pricing on the pedals on this site is competitive if you compare oranges to oranges (I've already used Apple above) Some sell for MORE $$, others sell for a tad less.

Bill