Sound issues when using slowing down dictation speed

ppalmer

Hi,

We are running XP and in both versions 4.05 and 4.06, we have found that if you slow down the speed of the dictation the sound becomes distorted. We can replicate this on many different systems. The on-line help suggested pressing F10 to ensure that you were running at real speed. The person dictating is speaking very fast and we would simply like to slow down the playback speed. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks

Phyllis

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

We are running XP and in both versions 4.05 and 4.06, we have found that if you slow down the speed of the dictation the sound becomes distorted. We can replicate this on many different systems. The on-line help suggested pressing F10 to ensure that you were running at real speed. The person dictating is speaking very fast and we would simply like to slow down the playback speed. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks

Phyllis

Hi Phyillis, I've also found the ES distortion as slow speed to be problematic over the years. My best solution, is to slow it to somewhere around 65-70%, ie not half-speed which is too distorted. I deal quite a bit with fast talkers, other English accents I'm not used to, and ESL (English as a 2nd language) speakers and you don't really need half-speed to understand most of the time. You can play with the range I suggested, it's just what I'm most comfortable with. I'd be interested to find how that works for you. --KRN