Location of Word Processor Files

Guest Carla

Guest Carla

I just downloaded Express Scribe after reading many great reviews from a variety of areas.

I used ctrl-W to open my word processor using a template I set up in settings..other..use word processor document based on this file. It brought up the "template" and I transcribed the test document. However, when I go to Windows Explorer to open the transcribed document, I can not find it ANYWHERE.

I can get back to it by opening MS Word and selecting the document from the recent files list. When I check the properties, it says it is in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current. However, when using Windows Explorer, I can't locate the "Application Data" subfolder.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

I just downloaded Express Scribe after reading many great reviews from a variety of areas.

I used ctrl-W to open my word processor using a template I set up in settings..other..use word processor document based on this file.  It brought up the "template" and I transcribed the test document.  However, when I go to Windows Explorer to open the transcribed document, I can not find it ANYWHERE.

I can get back to it by opening MS Word and selecting the document from the recent files list.  When I check the properties, it says it is in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Scribe\Current.  However, when using Windows Explorer, I can't locate the "Application Data" subfolder.

Any suggestions?

Look IN this folder:

C/PROGRAM FILES/NCH SWIFT SOUND/SCRIBE/CURRENT

• 3 weeks later...

Right click "My Computer" then "Tools", "Folder Options", "View" and then "Show hidden files and folders" and finally "OK." If you are using MS Office 2003, from Express Scribe settings, go to c:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Templates and then right click "winword."