Creating small quality files

Guest Guest_mimijohn@bigpond.net.au_*

Guest Guest_mimijohn@bigpond.net.au_*

I need to be able to upload audio files onto my website (2nd party) that alllow the user to downlaod them - they don't have audio streaming at this stage. My file are MP3, and range from 3MB upto 20MB in size. I'm this will take some time for the user to dowlaod.

Question: How can I reduce the file size (increasing user friendliness in the downlaod time) whilst retaining a good audio quality (human voice)?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
I need to be able to upload audio files onto my website (2nd party) that alllow the user to downlaod them - they don't have audio streaming at this stage. My file are MP3, and range from 3MB upto 20MB in size. I'm this will take some time for the user to dowlaod.

Question: How can I reduce the file size (increasing user friendliness in the downlaod time) whilst retaining a good audio quality (human voice)?

This is the question which I am seeking to answer right now. I've played around with the settings on the MP3 creator, but I can't seem to find a setting which is small enough to justify the loss of sound quality. Perhaps there is a particular setting which will reduce the file size appreciably without too much loss of quality?

Anyone have a suggestion on this?

Drew