How different is WavePad Basic and Master?

Nadia

I downloaded WavePad Basic version.. but was wondering what the difference is between this version and the Master edition?... is it worthed to upgrade? The site does not go into detail on the extra features of Master edition and functionality... Can anyone offer any guidance?

I downloaded WavePad Basic version.. but was wondering what the difference is between this version and the Master edition?... is it worthed to upgrade? The site does not go into detail on the extra features of Master edition and functionality... Can anyone offer any guidance?

===================================================================

The "free" version of WavePad is just a come-on to induce you to buy the Master's Edition. This is no secret, and is clearly explained by Swift Sound. It is what is commonly known as "crippleware": software for trial or demo purposes which is missing certain features that a _serious_ user will find to be "essential" over an extended period of time. I am one of these serious users, who purchased the Master's Edition some time ago and am very happy with its performance (version 3.03).

Without going into the details of WavePad CrippleWare versus WavePad RealHonest-To-GoodnessWare, if you will explain what it is that you want to do with this software, and how _serious_ you are about it, perhaps I can help you further. Perhaps not......

Musikone

who knows a bit about How Things Work

Thanks for your reply Musikone!.. I am a newbie at this business of playing with music files, but what I intend do at this point in time is to fade in and fade out songs and then place the faded portions on top of each other so they sing at the same time.. then I want to join a bunch of songs like that and burn them onto a CD. Just as an amature DJ... for now...

Maybe I get more fancy with it later, but that is the first step for now.. the free version doesn't seem to do it easily.. is the master different in this sense? Can you select regions and then place regions of two songs on top of each other-- without one cutting the other out? and without having to cut two parts out of two songs, mixing them, and then try joining them with the original songs!??!!

Ouch...! that does get messy.. let me tell yee!!

Well.. I appreciate any help or advice you can offer!

Thanks alot!

Nadia.

Thanks for your reply Musikone!.. I am a newbie at this business of playing with music files, but what I intend do at this point in time is to fade in and fade out songs and then place the faded portions on top of each other so they sing at the same time.. then I want to join a bunch of songs like that and burn them onto a CD. Just as an amature DJ... for now...

Maybe I get more fancy with it later, but that is the first step for now.. the free version doesn't seem to do it easily.. is the master different in this sense? Can you select regions and then place regions of two songs on top of each other-- without one cutting the other out? and without having to cut two parts out of two songs, mixing them, and then try joining them with the original songs!??!!

Ouch...! that does get messy.. let me tell yee!!

Well.. I appreciate any help or advice you can offer!

Thanks alot!

Nadia.

===================================================================

I'm sorry, Nadia, but I cannot answer your question, since I have not used WavePad for such tasks. But even without knowing the answer, I would heartily recommend that you purchase the Master's Edition, since it is only moderate in cost, and after you play around with music files a bit, you will find that you need everything that you can get your hands on. This means that the CrippleWare which you get for free is quite unlikely to satisfy you over the long run. Although you might argue with the policy of using CrippleWare to sell software, it seems to be effective.....You bit, didn't you?

Musikone

it i to your specific question, only for _editing recorded material that I am collecting and archiving.

• 2 weeks later...