Crashes on mp3 to ogg conversion

nayan7

:angry: I just spent US$29 to buy this Switch Plus software to convert my mp3 to ogg. I have not been able to successfully convert even a single file!!!!! It just crashes with an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION message. Can anybody help with this piece of ....software?

Thanks.

nayan7

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I attempted to convert ogg to mp3, it attempted to download the ogg decoder and failed. After that, it just closes and won't try again. Looked on website but no info there.

I have just replied to an very nice email from NCH with welcome and request for feedback about this.

I am a new Mac user (OS X Tiger), but am not new to *NIX or Windows. I would like to convert the ogg files on the Mac from ogg to mp3 since the Mac apparently has trouble reading them in iTunes (the ogg files are from a friend who passed away this fall). I can do this in Windows and Linux, so if there is no way to do this, it's not a problem since I have computers that can do that. It's just that I really wanted to just be able to leave them in ogg format and read them in iTunes. I guess that's not an option?

I am loath to change the format really because the creator was very open source centric and it almost feels like a violation somehow. ;)

Maybe I will just have to wait till I get vlc installed.