Stereo Levels

PaulB

Hi Wave Pad people

I have been trialling the free version and it has proven very useful. One problem I'm having though is that when i record i seem to get a right channel bias. I suspect it may be the sound card and software but would be interested to know if anyone else has this problem. I record through a mixer and have checked levels going into the PC which are evenly attenuated. When I commence playback in wavepad I have more level on the right channel. Additionally, does anyone know how to bring the left channel up to the level of the right. It's probably a click and a drag away but i can't seem to find out how to do it.

Thanks for your time

Radar

Hi Wave Pad people

I have been trialling the free version and it has proven very useful. One problem I'm having though is that when i record i seem to get a right channel bias. I suspect it may be the sound card and software but would be interested to know if anyone else has this problem. I record through a mixer and have checked levels going into the PC which are evenly attenuated. When I commence playback in wavepad I have more level on the right channel. Additionally, does anyone know how to bring the left channel up to the level of the right. It's probably a click and a drag away but i can't seem to find out how to do it.

Thanks for your time

Radar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest that you go to the following website and download the _free_ (really free, forever!) and excellent Peak Programme Meter v1.6. This is used by the BBC for peak-level recording, and the excellent display will surely assist you in diagnosing what is wrong and where. It can be used simulataneously with WavePad or other recording software. So run, don't walk, to that website; you will love this, long after you have found out what is wrong with your recording setup!

As to the question of the separate editing of left and right channels, I don't believe that this is possible with WavePad. Others have asked here about the possibility of including this feature in a future version of WavePad. Although I have sometimes thought that this would be very nice, I am not so sure of this now; I don't miss it at all. But if I had your problem (which would be driving me mad) and could find no solution for it, I might feel otherwise :-)

Here is that website; from the UK, of course: (programme?)

http://www.darkwood.demon.co.uk/PC/meter.html

Musikone