how to edit mp3 files

tsawyer

All I'm trying to really do is remove certain words from a song (curses). I've highlighted the word in the wave window and tried insert blank and remove vocals. Neither option worked. I'd love to just silence the word for that second but I'm willing to have silence for the second. How do you zero that area or flatten the sound at selected points?

All I'm trying to really do is remove certain words from a song (curses). I've highlighted the word in the wave window and tried insert blank and remove vocals. Neither option worked. I'd love to just silence the word for that second but I'm willing to have silence for the second. How do you zero that area or flatten the sound at selected points?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very simple!

Just select the portion which consists of the part that you wish to remove (this portion is rendered in blue and white) and then press the "delete" key. The selected portion will then disappear. Alternatively, if you wish to replace the selected portion with silence, go to the Edit menu and choose "silence select region". Either way, you have got rid of the offending portion.