Help: Lost my 2 hours of recorded data

dubeysaurabh

Hi,

I recorded my own concert in 2 files. the size was nearly 700MB and 1.3 GB for the two files (0.aud and 1.aud). I saved both files as MP3 and let the bit rate stay default. The moment I closed the wavepad window the aud files disappeared and MP3 files which i had saved were left with 1 kb size.

Is there any way to recover the audio files. I really want this recording. Why did the MP3 conversion didn't happen.

Regards,

Saurabh

Hi,

I recorded my own concert in 2 files. the size was nearly 700MB and 1.3 GB for the two files (0.aud and 1.aud). I saved both files as MP3 and let the bit rate stay default. The moment I closed the wavepad window the aud files disappeared and MP3 files which i had saved were left with 1 kb size.

Is there any way to recover the audio files. I really want this recording. Why did the MP3 conversion didn't happen.

Regards,

Saurabh

I'm not sure exactly what you did but this may help. I found that unless I 'create new file' before I hit 'record', I lost all my recording. This may be it. Alternatively, if you really did try to save your mp3 files with the extensions of .aud, that may have been the problem. Don't change the extensions from the default of .mp3, in fact, unless you know what you are doing, it is unwise to change any extension on Windows.