Low Quality Saving

ldncalling20

hello everyone just stumbled across this forum :)

basically i edit some highlights along with a couple of others for the website of a radio personality in the uk, i do this using wave pad which i bought about a year ago.

ive been using it fine for about a year with great results. However i recently bought a new computer (a built at home jobbie :rolleyes: ) and since commencing editing, when I save the file as an MP3 and play it back, the sound quality is quite a bit poorer, than when i was using it on my old pc, its very frustrating.

ive compared older files with a bitrate of 48KBPS to the ones i have just done which are also 48KBPS and there really is a drastic drop in quality for some reason.

i would be grateful if you could tell me if i havent set up wavepad right (ive saved the lame encoder in to windows/system32 maybe i havent acitvated it in wavepad or something) Or perhaps it is an issue to do with my sound card.

Im using an onboard (yes i know :( ) C-Media AC97 onboard card. my old computer had a Realtec Ac97 card. Perhaps this could be a worse card? But i cant see how a newer pc would perform worse really! :unsure:

or perhaps i havent installed wavepad right?

any help would be gratefully received as time is always of the essence

cheers :):)