save doesnt save changes to channels and sample rate

bgkdavis

Im using V3.05 and win XP

Im trying to convert stereo WAV files to mono with a reduced bit rate, however, when I save the file it gets saved as the original format.

I can perform this function fine using Windows Sound recorder, adn indeed the similarity of the controls suggest that Wavepad uses the same Controls as sound recorder.

Is this a software bug?

• 3 weeks later...
Nope, doesnt even work when I use save as

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works for ME! I am not sure what your problem is, but I should note that I save the new file (a .wav file converted to mono) in a DIFFERENT directory from that containing the original .wav stereo file. I suspect that, if you try a "save as" to the same directory, this may not work.

So try "save as" to a different directory and see if this solves your problem. I have never encountered this difficulty.

• 8 months later...

Still not fixed?--I'm willing to send in money if this sample rate change problem gets fixed. I used 'save as' to a different directory and the new save has the same sample rate as the original. Software shows that the file was adjusted from 22k to 44100 but it still saves as 22K. This is not the only software that has problems, but gold wave works fine. I like the way wavepad works much, much better and dont want to go the gold wave route. Any new ideas? Thanks!!!!