Files not loading completely

Aileen Ireland

Hi,

I recently downloaded Express Scribe onto a PC and it is working fine, except that it will cut off about 5% of each recording (so the longer the recording, the more time is cut off). When the same file is loaded onto Express Scribe on a different PC, the whole file loads.

Is anyone else having this problem, or can anyone help?

Thank you.

I have had the same problem. I have a transcription service and several of the MTs that work for me use the version 4.05. I had one file that was 18:58 long, and when loaded, was only 10:45. I got each and every one of my MTs to test it in their version, and each and every one had a file of 10:45 when loaded, although the download sizes were all the same. When the installed the old version that I sent them and loaded that file, it came up with the proper duration. There is something seriously wrong with version 4.05. If you need an old version, please let me know. I'll send it to you - it seems to be working perfectly. If you have found a solution to this that I don't know about, please let me know.

I have had the same problem. I have a transcription service and several of the MTs that work for me use the version 4.05. I had one file that was 18:58 long, and when loaded, was only 10:45. I got each and every one of my MTs to test it in their version, and each and every one had a file of 10:45 when loaded, although the download sizes were all the same. When the installed the old version that I sent them and loaded that file, it came up with the proper duration. There is something seriously wrong with version 4.05. If you need an old version, please let me know. I'll send it to you - it seems to be working perfectly. If you have found a solution to this that I don't know about, please let me know.

Thanks, alanab!

I have several older versions on other machines, I hadn't thought about trying to copy them over to the PC that is having the problem.

Cheers!

• 2 years later...
Thanks, alanab!

I have several older versions on other machines, I hadn't thought about trying to copy them over to the PC that is having the problem.

Cheers!

Hi,

I am having the same problem three years later! Can you send me a link to download another version. I am missing 1/2 of the recording I want to transcribe.

Thanks so much,

Brownie

Hi,

I am having the same problem three years later! Can you send me a link to download another version. I am missing 1/2 of the recording I want to transcribe.

Thanks so much,

Brownie

If you haven't found an older version, I would be happy to e-mail it to you if you give me your address.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I am an MT and have used Express Scribe for years on my desktop. However, I just bought a laptop and downloaded Express Scribe (version 4.32) and can no longer load DSS files. I get the 0:00 reading for duration. I am thinking I need the older version. I would greatly appreciate it if you could supply the older version to me as well. Please let me know. Thanks so much. email is ralstons@hughes.net

Gammie Lynne

Hello. I am an MT and have used Express Scribe for years on my desktop. However, I just bought a laptop and downloaded Express Scribe (version 4.32) and can no longer load DSS files. I get the 0:00 reading for duration. I am thinking I need the older version. I would greatly appreciate it if you could supply the older version to me as well. Please let me know. Thanks so much. email is ralstons@hughes.net

Gammie Lynne

HI Gammie,

Thanks for the reply. I have found the same solution after a lot of work. Someone sent me the older version, I downloaded the file and then reinstalled the newer version so that the foot pedal would work.

Patience and tenacity pay off :)

Hi,

I recently downloaded Express Scribe onto a PC and it is working fine, except that it will cut off about 5% of each recording (so the longer the recording, the more time is cut off). When the same file is loaded onto Express Scribe on a different PC, the whole file loads.

Is anyone else having this problem, or can anyone help?

Thank you.

I don't use Express Scribe, but supply recordings to many clients who use it and have had this issue reported back to me from numerous ones. Has NCH supplied any suggestions as to how their products can work properly with perfectly good recordings without me having to suggest to my clients that the product they are using and they need to download an old version?