Starting point

dfsanchez

I have an office with 8 computers and am waiting for our 5MB DSL connection to be installed.

After we are LIVE with DSL, what would be a good starting point (software and hardware).

I was looking at AXON and Express talk business. Do I need both? and what does each one do?

Can I get away with Axon PBX and a VOIP connection? or do I need Express talk as well.

All 8 computers need to be able to make and receive outside calls.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

• 2 weeks later...
I have an office with 8 computers and am waiting for our 5MB DSL connection to be installed.

After we are LIVE with DSL, what would be a good starting point (software and hardware).

I was looking at AXON and Express talk business. Do I need both? and what does each one do?

Can I get away with Axon PBX and a VOIP connection? or do I need Express talk as well.

All 8 computers need to be able to make and receive outside calls.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

I´d actually recomend that you do not use soft phones. They do not work as well as IP phones or ATAs like the PAP2 from linksys.

For each PAP2 you can connect two telephones (2 extensions), so you would need four in total.

If you prefer an IP phone I can certainly recommend the Grandstream BT101. Fantastic quality and allows call transfer

Saludos