No audio when played from Whatsapp

JPux

Hi, tx in advance for your help.

Audio does not sound in Whatsapp when playing a video edited with a registered version of Videopad (v7.00). I know it's quite an old version but I can't install the latest version because my key only works until 12.xx). It works perfect in preview, and also when playing the file directly from the computer (Windows 10 Enterprise)

Has this been reported before?

Export Settings:

- Preset: Custom

- File Format: mp4

- Resolution: 1920 x 1080

- Frame Rate: Variable (Smart Max 46fps)

I've tried with changing to .AVI but same result (no audio).

Tx

J

Hints at a limitation with Whatsapp.  Check their specs.

VP mp4 files are pretty standard.  In the export dialog click the Quality/Filesize blue link, if it's available, and confirm that the encoder is H264, not H265.

Licensing aside, the latest release can be test driven.  For a period of time it should be full-featured.

Let's see what you have...

Share your project.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi @borate, I sent the Link to you by private message but you can ignore it.

As expected, the problem was related to Whatsapp and not to Videopad. I just compressed it for whatsapp and now it sounds perfect.

Thanks again for your help 😉

J