Answering the right line only

Justinlp

I got one main phone line and three rings on it.. One ring is the default and two extras for other people to know its for them. How can i set my IVM to only answer the calls from my ring only not the default of the 3rd ring? How do i find out what the MS of my ring is and where do i need to put this information in at to make it work. My ring is (Short. Long. Short)... thanks

• 1 month later...

Yep, same here. I have an Aussie Telstra line with what they call the Duet feature. I have two phone numbers on the same line.

The main number has the standard two rings (ie ring, ring, wait, ring, ring, wait), and the second number (my business line) has three rings (ie ring, ring, ring, wait, ring, ring, ring, wait).

Is there a way to set up IVM to answer the two lines differently?

Many Thanks - Mike

Yep, same here.  I have an Aussie Telstra line with what they call the Duet feature.  I have two phone numbers on the same line. 

The main number has the standard two rings (ie ring, ring, wait, ring, ring, wait), and the second number (my business line) has three rings (ie ring, ring, ring, wait, ring, ring, ring, wait). 

Is there a way to set up IVM to answer the two lines differently?

Many Thanks - Mike

Hello justinlp and kpow

The answer to you questions are clearly explained in the IVM instruction help pages that every one has access to. Your questions are on the same level as if someone asked "How do I start IVM ?" Its questions like yours that annoy the IVM people and they get annoyed and dont help those that have serious questions. Not meaning to be rude.

regards

JR

• 4 weeks later...
Guest warren
Hello justinlp and kpow

The answer to you questions are clearly explained in the IVM instruction help pages that every one has access to. Your questions are on the same level as if someone asked "How do I start IVM ?" Its questions like yours that annoy the IVM people and they get annoyed and dont help those that have serious questions. Not meaning to be rude.

regards

JR

And when this fails what is one suppose to do then.. ??? :angry:

And when this fails what is one suppose to do then.. ???  :angry:

If one is unable to work out how to solve this simple problem despite clear instructions in the help menus, then one must pay the NCH people to solve it for them.

regards

JR