Adding Text for duration less than slide duration

Manfred Lehmann

I added some text to a slide. Clicked "fade in and out" with 2 seconds. The duration of the slide is 10 seconds. I expected to see the text just for 2 seconds, however it remains there for the entire 10 seconds. How can I limit it to a shorter period?

Currently, I use a go around in having the same slide twice, first slide for 2 seconds with text and then the same slide for 8 seconds without text.

Please help me how to properly use the "Fade in and out" functionality. Thank you.  Manfred

On 1/30/2023 at 6:38 PM, Manfred Lehmann said:

I added some text to a slide. Clicked "fade in and out" with 2 seconds. The duration of the slide is 10 seconds. I expected to see the text just for 2 seconds, however it remains there for the entire 10 seconds. How can I limit it to a shorter period?

Currently, I use a go around in having the same slide twice, first slide for 2 seconds with text and then the same slide for 8 seconds without text.

Please help me how to properly use the "Fade in and out" functionality. Thank you.  Manfred

I've run into the same issue. The way I "solved" it was to chop the clip into multiple clips (or for still images, you could also repeat the same clip multiple times for different durations), and only use the text effect on one of them. More options on this sort of thing would be desirable.