Old version 6.24 projects (Objects) not sizing correctly in new 7.49 version (GIFS).

RayR10

Hi,

I just updated my program to the newest version.  I had a bunch of projects saved in an earlier version (6.24).  Anyway... I noticed that now that I load those old projects... the size of some of the elements in the Canvas Panel are  completely wrong.  I had several animated GIF objects in the scene and now they appear MUCH bigger than they were originally  Now I'm gonna have to do all those animations all over again.  Frustrating.

Why did this change?!?! 😒

Is there anything I can do in the future to prevent this from happening?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  The cartoon squirrel and "computer" text are animated GIFs.

Here's a screen shot of the original project (the final video output). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0Gwhs8stcWUvq8HHAbj4B5VxPk0SdwB/view?usp=share_link

Here's what it now looks like in the window of Express Animate v7.49.  The squirrels head is cut off and the "computer" text is much bigger.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CuVZ_y6Q8TeBeqAeDm8ywn7zsyRnEgET/view?usp=share_link

I'll probably just re-do them myself.  I don't know what Tech Support could do, other than tell me to uninstall the current version and go back to the older one.  I just hope this sort of thing doesn't continue with future versions.  I'm sure as heck not going to lose all my hard work every time there's an upgrade.

Thanks mediajf and MakubX.  I might try those things.  But really the main issue here is, I hope they look into this and with future releases, they fix this apparent GIF-resizing issue.  (If that is indeed what is happening).

The background in the animation (the blue bullseye animation) is an MP4.  That doesn't seem like it was affected.  That didn't' resize with the update.

It was just the GIF images that re-sized.

If I remember correctly... and I could be wrong... I thought that older versions of Express Animate allowed you to set an actual specific size of your Canvas... not just choose 16:9 ratio, or 1:1 or 4:3.  I thought it allowed you to say... 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 ?  So, maybe that's has something to do with it?  Not sure if someone can confirm that older versions had that option or not?  I may be mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...