open High hat notes

Andraghon

Greetings all, 

I am using this program for several months now and i like it so much i've bought a key.

There is just one down side i am trying to figer out, i've been searching here and could not find what i was looking for. If there is a post with the answer for it, please redirect me to that post please.

Anyways the program itself has the sound of a open high hat, however the note itself (a cross with a circle around it) it has not, is there any way to add this icon into the program myself?

Thanks in advance, 

Andraghon

Hi!

By default, it’s notated between the 4th and 5th line of a percussion stave. It doesn’t have a circle around it like in most drum sheets. I usually reposition it to the place where the closed hi-hat is (above the 5th line) and I add a natural open articulation to indicate that it’s open (a circle above the cross).

I hope I could help.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:38 PM, JustMartin07 said:

Hi!

By default, it’s notated between the 4th and 5th line of a percussion stave. It doesn’t have a circle around it like in most drum sheets. I usually reposition it to the place where the closed hi-hat is (above the 5th line) and I add a natural open articulation to indicate that it’s open (a circle above the cross).

I hope I could help.

Hey thanks for the reply, 

This does help, i was just wandering if i could make a default note in the program somewhere, as i see your answer i either have to dig into the script or just add natural what type of note i should play.

Addig a natural open doesn’t change the playback, but I use it as indication. I go to “drums”, then I select drum kit, and I set the hi-hat above the 5th line, which sets the playback to that, and when I add that note, I select the second x-notehead one in the radial menu, and I add the open articulation circle.

So for example my drum kit sheets look like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YxI2ZYcT4ZGJtdgrjxgEECs7JpPZDm2p/view?usp=drivesdk