Wavepad won't open files

PSB

Wavepad is refusing to load any of my files.

The first dialog box says "Error opening files".

The second says "Wavepad could not open file xxxxxxxx for editing".

The same happens loading via both Wavepad menu and W10 File Explorer.

"Groove Music", the default Windows 10 utility will play them, as will "Windows Media Player". It seems to apply to all files, including a newly created one whilst it is still on my Olympus VN-733 recorder, before transferring to the computer. Even files previously edited with Wavepad now will not work. It's the same with mp3, wma, and wav files, I don't have any other types. Uploading the latest version hasn't fixed the problem.

Thanks

Delete cache files in wavepad folder: 

1. From WavePad, select the Options menu > Audio tab > "Audio working folder" section, check mark the "Use this specified folder" box and copy the folder path.
On our end is >  C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\WavePad.
2. Paste the path on your windows folder explorer, this will open the Cache contents.
3. Delete all files within this folder.
4. Close WavePad and re open it again.
5. Re load the file and let us know the outcome.

That would appear to have fixed the problem, thank you.

But I'm a bit confused what was happening. I had it set to use a different folder for cache files (on an external USB stick because the files are very confidential and I don't want traces left on the computer), and it was already empty because I have it set to delete all files on exit. Why were files in the unused default cache folder affecting it?