Video export not working - VideoPad v11.7

Soysh

Hi

I dowloaded and bought full version of newest VideoPad i was happy that i will be able to export finaly my video always when i want, but it failing. I tried all options for exporting and only appearing que for exporting with my file but it standing on Pending or on 0.00%.

I was looking on google some answers and i dowloaded older version 8.91.. i just clicked one time and video is exported.

Please check why newest VideoPad is not exporting. Greetings 

Did you buy a license key for version 10 or 11? And did you register it properly with that key? If yes, then it is a software bug that the development team has to fix.

If not, you need to upgrade your license key. If your license key works in version 8.91, that means you have to upgrade your key to version 10/11 for a negligible price at NCH's website.

Hello,

I have just bought the quarterly license for $16.00 because the unlicensed version wasn't exporting videos, and Videopad seemed like a pretty good program. I have downloaded the latest version and licensed it successfully but it is still not exporting the videos.

It goes through the motions of exporting, creating the .mp4 file, but when I play the file it it just ends immediately even though it is 98 mb in size.

The Video I made was from .avi files created by an unlicensed (trial) version of FRAPS, I don't know if that is relevant. I would have thought that Videopad would be able to create an .mp4 from a collection of .avi files.

I have also noticed that in the Email I received following registration, my location is stated as USA when it should be UK. Could this be affecting the functionality of my licensed Videopad?

Should be no issue on either account.  Download and install this version.  If no change, please share your project for analysis and someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hello Borate,

I am terribly sorry to have put you to any trouble, but I found out what my problem is.

I was saving my videos as .mp4 files when my Media player can't actually play them (I am on Windows 7, I don't know if that has anything to do with it).

I had the idea of trying to play the exported file in Videopad itself and it played perfectly well. Then I opened the file URL in Chrome and it also played there. I'll just look at it in Chrome when I want to preview it externally. 

Sorry again for wasting your time, but if ever anybody else has a problem where the file they have exported just ends immediately when they try to play it, it's probably because they don't have any support for the format they have used on their system!

Thanks anyway,

mike57

Hello Borate,

I have just discovered that I needed to change the default compressor to "MPEG" in "Export File Settings/File Format:/Default Quality/File Size" (In blue on the File Format line when you export). Now I can play it, as you say, in Media Player. Excuse my ignorance!

-0-0-

I will install that software as well, thanks again.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

mike57

2 hours ago, mike57 said:

I have just discovered that I needed to change the default compressor to "MPEG"

That shouldn't be necessary.  H264 (the default) works fine.  After you install MPC-BE you may find that Windows Media Player can play those files, as it may use the codec that MPC-BE installed.

To analyze this issue, please share the project (not just the VPJ file).  Here's how.  It's easy and can be private.  Just follow these steps carefully...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.