Blue bar doesn't turn purple

GLEN H

I've been using VideoPad 10.24 for some time now after using the free version for a few years before that. Each time I added new videos or photos to the sequence, the blue bar always gradually crept along and turned purple, and then I'd be able to watch the sequence without the "Building Preview" box flashing and periodically freezing. Recently, the blue bar has only been turning purple for a short duration, and not right up to the end of the video. Why is this happening, and does it effect the video on export?  

Under OPTIONS | DISC tab Clear Unused Cache Files.  You might do that after closing the program, and before loading the project.

•  Blue ribbon color indicates the sequence is not cached.  You will not see purple cache if the sequence has only one track.
  •  Purple color indicates the sequence is cached, as the result of mixing multiple tracks.  However, sometimes the ribbon remains blue.
  •  Gray color indicates caching when the sequence output is in full screen size. This cache starts when you switch to full screen preview.

In any case the ribbon should not affect export.

When the green line above the thumbnails completes, there should be no previewing delay.  The line appears only above video clips, not still images.

image.png

Consider upgrading to the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Please report your results here.