Can a grouped set of clips be saved as a new file?

Eldee

I have a track of several clips I've grouped and would like to save as a separate file; can I do that? I've looked everywhere I know and suspect not but thought I'd ask.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Your suspicions are incorrect.🙃  One method is to copy the clips to a separate sequence, then export the sequence.  All clips become a single file.

Try this:  Open a new, blank sequence 2 by clicking the + sign on the sequence tab.

Click the sequence 1 tab, select the desired clips, group them,  press <ctrl-C> to COPY.

Click the sequence 2 tab, press <ctrl-V> to paste.  Export sequence 2.

If you want to use individual clips in a future project, SAVE the sequence, which will create a VPJ file that later can be imported via clicking this item...

image.png

Well, I did all you advised above all was great until it came time to export and because I'm trying to save audio clips the export is only for video, .mp4, .wmv, etc. Is there a way, when you have the grouped clips in Sequence 2 to export them as .wav or any other audio file? The ultimate solution is to then run the vid file through a converter  and what I thought was free as long as it was not used for commercial purposes -- Switch -- costs $40. Not gonna do it for the occasional need. Soooooo, all that said, is there a way to export to an audio file in VideoPad? 

Thanks again.

You can right-click on any bin clip and "Save Audio Clip New File" - which creates a WAV."

If instead you have exported the A/V files, open the exported file in Wavepad. 

image.png

Tell it to "continue opening with Wavepad."  Then save in the desired format.  Some formats may not be available in the free version.