No Audio on new installation

Ganradlogin

I've just purchased and installed version 11.32, but after 3 days of trying, cannot get any audio. Having tried several different format video clips, and even downloading VP audio files, all I get is the message "One or more sound clips on your sequence is still processing. You will not hear these clips until processing finishes" or something similar. The icon for a downloaded audio file has 'processing' at the bottom, but processing never ends. I've even tried recording narrative. The created file plays in Windows but not in VP.

I'm running Windows 11 Pro on a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5600X 6-core processor and 16GB RAM. This is a very frustrating start, so I hope there is an easy fix.

Installed this version but no difference. I've taken a screen shot but don't know if there is any facility to upload it.

Some progress. I've opened Vpad using 'run as administrator'. A downloaded stock sound now plays correctly, but the avi video file is no longer accepted. Any ideas?

OK I now open VP using 'run as administrator'. That enables a stock sound audio download to run but blocks drag and drop from working. However, if I now select a video file in File Explorer, right click and Open With VideoPad Video Editor, the file opens correctly and sound is now working. This isn't a work around I want to stick with, so is there a permanent fix to this problem?

To post a link to a screen shot, upload the image to a free server - then get a link and paste it here.

Your issue is unusual and not reported by others.  It hints that the install may be corrupted.  Try this next...

Close Videopad.  Using Windows Explorer (file manager), delete all files in these folders...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

Now reinstall Videopad.

If still no success, please share a file or two that has the issue.  Someone will check it out.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Still the same, so I've set videopad.exe properties/compatibility/settings to run as an administrator. That makes it useable, but I do need drag and drop to work for loading video files.

I've contacted NCH Software Technical Support Team and a ticket has been created so I'll see what they come up with.

I'm running Windows 11 Pro on a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5600X 6-core processor and 16GB RAM. Asus nvidia GTX970 graphics card. Drivers updated. 

I've tried Drag and Drop with the following file types: mp4; wmv; avi; they all have the same problem. The tool tip just changes to a 'no entry' symbol. They all work if I don't run VP as administrator, but then the audio doesn't work.