Google drive matters -- changing account association -- and allocating folder for file to go in

Debbie G

HI

I looked in the forum and couldn't find similar topic so here I am again. I want to export a video to google drive . I authorised it into an a/c however I want to change to another account but I can't see how to change the association - any advice please?

Secondly how can I allocate a folder in a drive for a video to go in - it doesn't seem to offer that , just merrily start exporting - but to where? Can you advise on that also please someone?

Thank you very much (and for previous help - such a wonderful friendly space)  Debbie 

Export has a prompt for setting the default target folder.  Save.jpg

Or enter it in Options | Export tab  export.jpg

For Google Drive, open settings image.pngClick the Manage Apps link at the left, then scroll down to the Videopad entry.  Click OPTIONS and Disconnect from Drive.

Google_Drive.jpg

The next export from Videopad to Drive will prompt for the account to use.

Hi no that's not what I  need help with - thank you so much all the same.

I selected export to google drive and then was prompted to enter google id and then password.  However I originally selected a drive id I don't want to use and I want to change it to a different id. I am signed out of that id and signed into the id I want to use.  However it hasn't asked me for a new google id and password ... so how do I change the google id and drive I want to use please? 

And where in the drive will it go? 

It should work as described, after you have disconnected from Videopad in Google Drive settings.  That 'dumps' your incorrect account.  Exit Drive.

When exporting click this LInk Google Drive box...   Drive.jpg

Next, you should be presented with this screen...  Drive 1.jpg

Click on Use another account and sign in.  That should become the account that VP accesses, until you disconnect it.

Thank you! I did not know about disconnecting from videopad in the googledrive. Now I have found out how to do that in the settings it is indeed clear for a new google drive link  in the videopad. Thank you very much once again!

One more question however if you don't mind please. Once I create a file to upload to the  selected google drive where will it upload to in google drive? It doesn't seem to offer a choice of location when creating the file.