Are there any limits to the total file size

Philip L

I made a 1 hour explanatory video with numerous items and tracks.

It now seems I can not export the finished video at all. I once tried to but the video was incomplete and missing half of it.

I now resolved to split the video into two mp4 files, hoping to be able to join them into a new video, to then export them again into one mp4 file.

The split Mp4 files are about 830 Mb.

Are there any limitations in regard to total seize of a finished video or quantity of individual 'items' on the different tracks ?

Is there for instance an adjustable cache size?

• borate changed the title to Are there any limits to the total file size

There shouldn't be those limitations, is yours a licensed version?  And look at the bottom-left of the screen - what version is it?

Share your project.  Someone will take a look and see what's going on.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.   That way, you're protected.

Upload when ready.  As for your size issue, it likely makes no difference for analysis whether the audio has been remastered.

Hi,

When you wrote to make a backup file and send it to you, I thought I'd try to open the file on my personal desktop (the original job being on my work's laptop). And lo and behold... It did work on my desktop, where I have a more recent licenced version too. So I'm good now.

BTW, and I don't know of this is of any use to you, I have a dutch version of Videopad installed on my work's laptop and I have to say, there are some serious issues with the translation of many menu labels. I think this was translated through Google Translate. When I encounter a poor translation, I always have to translate it back to English in my mind, to find out that what is sais, is a literal translation that is miles away from what it should be...

Glad it worked out.  Whether success on the Desktop PC was due to a newer VP version or a more capable machine is hard to say.  Perhaps both?

Report the translation issues to the company.  Click the chevron at the top-right of the interface and make a suggestion.

image.png