Videpad renders too fast and glitchy... Any idea why?

Kira8

Since some months Videopad is acting weird...  When I render my Videos with a lot of clips it Renders too fast...  Usually it would take 20 minutes to render (What it took before) and it rendered fine... no glitches... no issue... but now it needs a bit longer to prepare and then it renders the Video the same length and clips in 2 minutes and it makes it completely glitchy... deleting the Caches didn't help at all and I don't know what to do.. it worked all fine before so why not now anymore??  I'm using the free Version of 6.26... pretty old but... The newer Version weren't free anymore... so upgrading isn't an option either...

• borate changed the title to Videpad renders too fast and glitchy... Any idea why?

Does it offer a free Version?  I heard the later ones aren't free anymore... and one newer version I downloaded 2 years ago didn't let me do anything without paying... 

but still... 6. worked before too

The thing is right now my installation didn't lock the .mp4 feature... so I can still render in mp4 and I'm afraid it might register it again when I reinstall like on my system before... I need to render in mp4 cause the second editor I use for different effects can't read .avi files (for some weird reason) so I couldn't do my Videos properly anymore.

It shouldn't change if you reinstall.  But no guarantees.

Before you attempt that be sure that when you export it's re-encoding.  Click the blue Default Quality / Filesize link.

In the Lossless Export field choose OFF (Re-encode) if that choice is available.

image.png

A newer release might solve the issue.  Try either the free one linked earlier, or the trial.  It should be full-featured for a short amount of time.

Changing to off (Re-encode) is exactly what I tried right before I read your message and IT FIXED IT!  I had it on Auto all the time and it never caused me issues before for years... I wonder why now... Thank you very much!  Maybe the program got confused because I have mostly 50 - 90 single little clips in it and corrupted some of those when mixed the render?  Idk if that's even how that works XD