Issues with audio on imported video clip

SmithersPrime

I'm trying to import a video clip but I get audio cutting out about once a second. I checked the original video and it doesn't have any options. Here's a image of the audio after importing it. I'm running VideoPad Professional v 11.22

https://ibb.co/frv3YdC

-0-

I tried downloading the 64 bit version of VideoPad and it has the same error. Here's a link to the portable version of the project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7AYIN70nMc1a6mCrxVBito30iUSFPvZ/view?usp=sharing

Also a side note,  can VideoPad just load up all my video files into ram to cache videos and play previews faster? I have 32 GB of ram but VideoPad usually uses less than 1GB.

I tried opening the one you linked, it seems to have the same issues I see in VideoPad and when I export it. Then I tried opening my local file with a different video player (VLC rather than my default "Movies and TV" and I hear the same audio pops, so it seems like it might be how Microsoft is reading the file? I recorded the file via Microsofts Camera (usbc from HDMI) app.

Adding another layer to this onion, I tried using a screen capture program to record my screen of "Movies and TV" capturing the gameplay video to see if I could get around my problem that way and when I compared the videos "Movies and TV" is actually outputting the video faster than the other apps. I think the audio skipping is basically delaying the audio so the video catches up to it...

So I think I tracked down the issue, my N64 is modded with an ultraHDMI mod which allows it to natively output HDMI. One of the settings is zero lag which does some fancy HDMI stuff thats not always supported. On my receiver and TV its fine, however on my capture device it results in bad audio. If I turn off zero lag mode it works perfectly.