Version 11.17 problems

Panpepe

I upgraded Videopad to 7.17.  Previous version was 6.01.  The video can be viewed perfectly on the PC, but cannot be posted on Facebook. Neither can it be transferred to the smartphone (can't auto-convert). I exported the project on automatch (4036 x 1960, 1440 x 720.  I also tried using Custom to select for some other format, but still faced the same situation.  I noticed that the video clip does not show on thumbview (just an icon only) unlike other video clips.

The second problem is that during editing on Storyboard mode, the images and video are covered when mouseover.  So I can't see the images and video of what I wanted to edit such as moving images, choosing Images Effects or Mute Sound.  Previous version works just fine and I could edit both on Timeline and Storyboard modes.  Appreciate if someone could help to resolve these two problems.  They occur only o the new version that I upgraded.

Install this version.

If the issues aren't resolved, please share your project for analysis.  Just follow these steps closely and someone will help you...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I followed your advice and installed the recommended version, and it works!
Posted successfully my first small video on FB using the new version (It's Ver11.17 - not Ver7.17 as quoted by me, sorry) Thanks a million!  However one issue still remains : the thumbview on my PC just shows an icon instead of a video picture as in previous version.  I wonder whether this could be rectified.

• borate changed the title to Problem with Videopad Editor 11.17

During and after an export, the export window is normally on screen.  If it is not, click the chevron at the bottom of the screen.  image.png

After export this window offers the choice of playing the file (with your media player) or showing the location where the file was saved.

image.png

Normally, Windows Media Player (WMP) is associated with video files, and pops up when 'Play" is clicked.  Or the file can be accessed from Windows Explorer (the file manager).

When clicking an exported file, if WMP displays only an icon then it may be missing a codec.  You might install this player;  it can handle most any media file.

And you can test this beta version as well - with the usual beta caveats.  Might solve all the issues.

• 2 weeks later...

What if you can't even upload it to google drive?  That's failing for me too.

I backed up my project files, but when i look at that folder, its only individual pieces of my video.  I'm scared to uninstall my version of videopad if it will erase all the work i did, only leaving the individual files I started with. any recommendations? I spent like 16 hours making this video, I can't really accept losing it.

Saving creates a VPJ control file that tells the program how to reconstruct a project.  Click on the saved VPJ to load a saved project.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.  That's your protection.

Never remove or move source files until a project has been exported and won't need to be edited further.

Backing up a project to a folder (or Save Portable Project As) saves a VPJ file and all the original source files so they can be used to reconstruct the project on any PC.   In other words, it creates a portable folder of the project.

Direct uploads to Google Drive from the VP toobar test well here. Try again.  If it fails, export the project as a video file and make note of where it's saved on your PC.

Open your Google Drive account, click New, find the folder and upload the file that you exported.  image.png

That seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with my question, guess I wasn't clear.  I don't need the most basic tutorial on how to use the software. Anyhow, I was finally able to download as a lossless file and it took an hour, but worked.  Thanks for your time, I guess.

• borate changed the title to Version 11.17 problems