How to hold the image in zoom and pan

fajr

It's unclear precisely what you intend.  Programming for Pan & Zoom (or the Ken Burns effect) covers the entire clip - from Start to Ending positions.

If you want to extend (freeze) the end take a snapshot of that frame and add the snap (which will be in the Images bin) after the clip.

Or use the Motion effect to individually animate scale and position...

Set the first scale and position, then click the green + sign to create a keyframe (dot).  image.png

Move the cursor to where you want the freeze to be, then adjust the desired ending scale and position.

Now preview the effect by dragging the cursor from left to right.  The action should freeze at the final keyframe/s.

For more on animation, look here.

An example that starts at the top-left and is sized/positioned to full-screen in the middle of the clip...

Could something similar to this be used to make a single image 'slide' across the page?  I wasn't sure if VideoPad would be the best solution for this.  I'm hoping to make a clip using two 4:3 images, and making it slide from one side to the other.  I was even thinking it could be easier to animate something like that in something like PowerPoint, but thought that VideoPad MAY have a more elegant solution.

Very easy with Videopad.  One approach would be to use the POSITION effect.

At the head the image would be far left, for example - at the end far right.  That would take just two keyframes.

To apply this effect across several clips. first create a sequence of those clips.

Then click the + sign on a Sequence tab to open a new blank sequence.

Click the Sequences tab in the bin and add the first sequence to the one you just created.

The clips in that sequence are now composited - a single clip to which the POSITION effect can be applied.  This is but one method.