Video Freezes During Project

mriley1978

I have an issue with a particular project I am doing.  I am only trying to preserve old home movies and convert to digital, so it's nothing fancy.  I have not had any other issues like this so far.

The main reason I am using the VideoPad software is because there is a slight audio/video sync issue from my video capture device.  So, most of my edits have been really quick audio shifts that take care of video lag.  (obviously, that has nothing to do with the VideoPad software).

I have worked on somewhat lengthy clips before without issue.  This one is just under 30 minutes in length (29m45s).  At 2 different points in the project, the video freezes while the audio continues to play.  Eventually, the video unfreezes, but there is a significant lag between video and audio.  The first freeze is at about 9m45s and lasts for almost 10 minutes.  The second freeze is at about 27m55s and lasts through the end of the video.  I figured it may be the size of the file, but I don't see why the editor could not handle a <30 min. video.  There are points in the video that when I was capturing the video, I fast forwarded through some parts, so there is no audio.  I don't see how that would affect video playback, but I'm clutching at straws.  The second freeze happens during one of these silences, but the first one does not.

The source file does not have these freezes (but has the original issue from the video capture device of the slight video lag), so I know it's not the original file.  The source file is in mp4 format and 527MB.
My version of VideoPad is VideoPad Professional v 10.96.

Please help.

Upload the project and someone here will check it out.  That's the only way others can see what you see.  Is the freeze seen in preview or just in the exported file?

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.