Saving a split-out clip

Sojourner

I'm totally new to video editing and I can't figure out how to do a simple task. I placed a video file into VideoPad's sequence area, then used the scissors tool to split the file into two. I want to save one of those clips as a new video file or clip that I can use on other projects, but I can't see how that's done with VideoPad's non-intuitive user interface. I see there's a "Save Audio Clip as New File" option but how do I save the whole thing? I know there must be a simple way to do that, but I can't find it in the menus. Thanks for any assistance you may provide. 

Patience;  there's a learning curve.🙂

After splitting-out the desired clip, use the left-arrow button to go to the start of the clip... 1.jpg

Hold down <shift> then use the right-arrow button to go to the end of the clip.  The clip will be selected (blue).

Right-click in the selected area and Export selected region.  Note the target folder, and choose your export settings (the defaults are often best).  Click Create.

The result will be a clip that can be imported into future projects.

• borate changed the title to Saving a split-out clip (Sojourner)

Borate--

Thanks so much. You directions were clear and helpful and they totally worked. Thanks again. 

If I might impose on you for one more question, when I went to export the clip I got a menu of export choices the top one was "Video File" and the 4th one was "Lossless Video." What's the difference? Thanks. 

• borate changed the title to Saving a split-out clip