Creating video mp4 files

IrvS

Upgraded to VideoPad 10.96 this morning and now all videos, mp4,  created are black with only the sound playing. Running Windows 7 Prof. SP 1. Uninstalled 10.96 and installed 10.95 (that worked properly before) but same problem. Seems that 10.96 changed somethng that is affecting 10.95. Any help appreciated.

Perhaps there was corruption?  Prior to beginning a new project, Clear Unusued Cache Files, under OPTIONS | DISK tab.

Take a minute to share the project and someone here will check it out.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Interesting finding: The mp4 in the backup folder runs properly if run from the gdrive folder and on an iPad Mini. But not a saved folder on my Windows 7 system.

8 GB Ram. i3-2370M CPU  2,40 GHz. Built in graphics on a Toshiba Tecra 15.5 inch laptop.

It has been working fine for over one year except for today.

I have to check on the driver files. Will do that now.

-0-0-

Up to date video driver and no problems found for the Direct-X.

Checked on an I3 PC as well.  Good as gold.

Shut down Videopad.  Using Windows Explorer (the file manager) to to "C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components."

Delete all files in that folder.  Reboot.  Reinstall Videopad.

I tried that twice before. I am working on a workaround to run the black screen mp4 through a conversion program, Any Video Converter Freeware, and it brought back the video.

At least it has worked twice now. So I will see if it continues to work. At least I do not have to recreate everything.

Thanks for your help.