ERROR - One or more sound clips on your sequence is still processing - two days later

Flitsimguy

I can't get the movie to complete loading for further work due to this error.

I have built a 1 hour movie, with three video tracks and three audio tracks.

Audio is music, voice overs and audio associated with video clips.

I have been saving this movie all along progressively.  I did an export to mp4 file to visually see what the product looked like on my big screen and find any glaring errors.

I wanted now to make some changes to various elements.  I loaded up the movie and it has refused to fully load and is hung up on the audio processing. Two days of hanging.

I have moved nothing, I have changed nothing, all files are exactly as they were since inception.

What is happening?  Why is this error happening?  What can be done about it?

I saw another post about this sort of problem but I didn't understand what the solution was in that case.

Bryan

Open Videopad. Under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files, THEN load the project.

For protection, when you save use Save Project File AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

What version of Videopad is being used?  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the problem persists, the best way to track it down is to share the project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I am using v10.88 not sure if that is the latest or not so I will start with an update.

I do use both "save project" and save project as"...I learned many years back to keep saving endlessly.  As I mentioned I had a fully ready to export movie everything was working.  Then I compiled into an MP4.  I shut down the software and did other computer stuff.  I even rebooted my PC once.  I then started up VideoPad and make adjustments based upon my screening of the movie on my TV.  When I loaded up the movie from the list it has continued to fail to completely install and audio processing error.  I have tried several times and no joy.

OK thanks for this detail and how to acquire some help with tracking down any errors.  One step at a time.  I have never used "free servers" so this will be new to me.

Bryan

So I went to get an update, or checked and pulled down a new file, went to install and it said "beware" blah, blah, I figured I should do it anyway.

Mistake!  I installed and then wanted me to buy a new license (I actually didn't realize how much time had gone by since buying it), I am not buying it again.

So I uninstalled the new install version and am reinstalling the old one, I don't know if this is going to work. 

I am finding this software to a pain.  Yesterday I bought VideoStudio 2021 Ultimate because I don't want to use this anymore.

I just don't want to lose this movie I spend so long compiling.

Even if unlincensed, the latest free version should be able to load and export your project as an AVI, if not an mp4.

Or simply reinstall the licensed release you had before, or any release within the six-month grace period.  Check here.

If issues persist, share your project as described above.  You have backed up, so the project should be valid.

Good luck with your new software.

I reinstalled the older licensed version, everything seems to be in place...I going to try to load in an earlier version of the movie and see if this cures my ills.  I will compare that older version to what I compiled and make adjustments from there.  Fingers crossed.