MacBook Hard Disk Replaced - Restored from Time Machine Backup

JodyC

Hi,

My Mac had the Hard Drive die, and it had to be replaced. I then restored from the Time Machine backup.  Everything is there and ExpressAccounts was installed, although it didn’t show as registered until I registered again. However, none of the data is there. I can find the folder on the system under /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressAccounts/Shared and it is the same size as the folder on the time machine, but none of the data is in the software.

Is there another location that the data is kept? Is there something else that would need to be done for the data to be seen in ExpressAccounts?

Thanks

Jody

Try this workaround: 

ExpressAccounts-Mac stores its files in: Macintosh HD/Users/<the user>/Library/Application Support/ExpressAccounts/Shared. (Macintosh HD/User/<the user> is also the folder that appears in Finder as the user name.) -- The Library folder is hidden - to make it visible, open the user folder in finder, then View->Show View Options, and select Show Library Folder. If you can find where the old files are located (the data is a bunch of folders containing .dat files), merely copying them into the current EA save folder should do the trick.