Music On Hold when transferring from IVM

JABarrett

I don't think this is a problem with IVM or MOH so I am posting it here with Axon.

My main external line is setup so that when it gets an incoming call it passes it through to the IVM. My IVM is set to give a general welcome message and ask the user to press 1 if they know the extension they want, otherwise after a few seconds it connects to one of the groups and sets about calling all the available phones. When the IVM itself is ringing the external line can hear the normal ringing sound but when the IVM transfers back to the group you hear a slight bip sound and then silence on the external line, but the phones internally continue as normal.

I decided to try testing the group by having the external line directly ring the group without the need for the IVM, and the music on hold played to the external line perfectly (so they weren't listening to silence), but as soon as it goes to the IVM first and then transfers back to the group there is nothing.

I also tried ringing the IVM from one of my internal lines to follow it through and here is where things get a little odd - when the IVM transfers back to the groups the internal line can hear the music on hold perfectly.

It seems wierd that the internal line can hear the music on hold when transferred by the IVM, but the external line can't. The firewall has all the necessicary ports opened as well.

I hope someone can give me an answer to this - or if there is no answer I hope NCH can find the bug and fix it.

Could you hear and talk to the external caller, when he is tranfered to a phone by the group?

(in this set-up, where IVM first takes the call and then tranfer it into the group with on-hold music)

I had similar problems, but also didn't hear the caller when he was transfered from a group to a phone (which is usually something, which I didn't prove during tests, I always thought, as long as the phone is ringing, connection will be ok).

It turns out, that the voip-provider didn't support transfer of calls correctly. That also explained in my case, why all worked well as long as all test were done with internal extensions.

I would suggest to try a different voip-provider only to test, if this could be the reason.

(By the way, I found it very interesting, that by sip-connections the external provider can influence, if a call is transferable or not...)

regards

:)

Tjareson

• 1 month later...
Could you hear and talk to the external caller, when he is tranfered to a phone by the group?

(in this set-up, where IVM first takes the call and then tranfer it into the group with on-hold music)

I had similar problems, but also didn't hear the caller when he was transfered from a group to a phone (which is usually something, which I didn't prove during tests, I always thought, as long as the phone is ringing, connection will be ok).

It turns out, that the voip-provider didn't support transfer of calls correctly. That also explained in my case, why all worked well as long as all test were done with internal extensions.

I would suggest to try a different voip-provider only to test, if this could be the reason.

(By the way, I found it very interesting, that by sip-connections the external provider can influence, if a call is transferable or not...)

regards

:)

Tjareson

Sorry for the long delay - I have been busy with work lately.

When one of the phones in the group answers both parties can hear each other perfectly.

There is now however a strange twist here - It is now playing On Hold music when transfering from IVM to a group - but it is not the On Hold music that I have running through the IMS software. Does Axon now have a built in On Hold music file that it plays when it cannot connect to the IMS? If not I am puzzled as to where the music is being played from.