Express Scribe Pro (licensed) v9.25, and Dragon Naturally Speaking V15.61.200.010 - Speech to Text Timeout

mjfbanks

Folks, not finding much on this topic, and I need help.  I'm having a difficulty with Express Scribe  and Dragon Naturally Speaking work together.

I'm receiving this error:  "speech to text timeout.  If you are using Dragon Naturally Speaking, you must right click on the icon on the tray and select Exit before loading files".  

What am I right clicking on here?? what should appear in the system tray?? there is nothing to exit except Express Scribe.  I've tried with DNS running in the background, or not loaded at all.  

Thanks,

Mike Banks

I have a Windows 10 machine (details below), with Express Scribe Pro (licensed) and Dragon Naturally Speaking V15.

Device name    DESKTOP-2HB8T0U
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB
Device ID    F1C6A6E7-064E-425F-9FC9-98D3480C1E67
Product ID    00326-00787-36373-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    20H2
Installed on    ‎6/‎10/‎2020
OS build    19042.746
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

20 hours ago, N_C_H_josh said:

That's the timeout waiting for the speech engine to respond when using sapi4, which was the old version of sapi that Dragon used to support before they went proprietary.  So for people with old versions of dragon, it had it's own application that stayed running if you didn't stop it and you had to close it before you could use the engine with Express Scribe. Express Scribe doesn't support Dragon anymore.

ok, Thanks Josh, disappointing, NCH is still promoting interop with Dragon Naturally Speaking - kinda misleading.....