Information request

donsmith41

Would like input from persons with experience using VRS and recording 4 analog lines with a telephony board. I have several 4 line phones that can answer incoming calls. Sometimes the call may be placed on hold and the intercom feature on the telephone sets used to call another person to pickup the call. This is a 24/7 operation and I need to know if VRS can handle this reliably. In addition, I would be interested to know how much disk space is required to record 20 hours of calls. This system must record both incoming and outgoing calls.

Is processor speed important?

Is memory size important?

What king of telephony board?

What operating system?

Are board drivers hard to find?

This is all analog. There is no KSU. The lines are in parallel to all sets. The sets are ATT 954.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Don Smith

• 2 weeks later...
Guest co_nch

Hi Don,

VRS recording 4 channels uses only 10MB of memory whilst recording. We recommend at least a Pentium 1GHz processor.

In regards to memory size: VRS recording one channel using advanced audio compression to reduce file size can record up to 2 years of 24 hour-a-day audio on a 32GB hard drive!

It is reliable with 24 hour recording and has been tested for consistency. VRS will work on Windows 95/NT4/98/2000/Me/2003/XP, but if you have the choice go for XP.

Board drivers are not hard to find, you should get them when you purchase the board have a look at www.nch.com.au\vrs\acc\index.html for more information and links to multiple line sound cards.

Cheers,

CO-NCH

Would like input from persons with experience using VRS and recording 4 analog lines with a telephony board. I have several 4 line phones that can answer incoming calls. Sometimes the call may be placed on hold and the intercom feature on the telephone sets used to call another person to pickup the call. This is a 24/7 operation and I need to know if VRS can handle this reliably. In addition, I would be interested to know how much disk space is required to record 20 hours of calls. This system must record both incoming and outgoing calls.

Is processor speed important?

Is memory size important?

What king of telephony board?

What operating system?

Are board drivers hard to find?

This is all analog. There is no KSU. The lines are in parallel to all sets. The sets are ATT 954.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Don Smith