Sound cuts out

virgo0902

I've been using Express Scribe for over a year. A few months ago I started having a problem where the sounds cuts out. Thought maybe it was the footpedal so I purchased a new one. That didn't help. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Express Scribe. That didn't help either. The sound cuts out so much now I can't get anything done. HELP!

I've been using Express Scribe for over a year.  A few months ago I started having a problem where the sounds cuts out.  Thought maybe it was the footpedal so I purchased a new one. That didn't help. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Express Scribe. That didn't help either. The sound cuts out so much now I can't get anything done. HELP!

I use large files and the past few days once the file starts the audio goes for a few minutes and then vanishes completely. Is this the problem you are having?

I solved it by releasing space on my C drive. However they tell me it has returned.

I also wiped it out and reinstalled. You might check space since it is a factor. I have not been able to check the computer yet but it may now have a temp file that again causes the drive to be close to fulll so this still may be the problem. In any case do check this.

Hi Virgo,

I registered just so I could respond to you. I was on here searching for this same problem. I haven't used my Express Scribe in several weeks, and when I went to use it this morning, the sound just wouldn't come through. It was hiccuping - I'd hear a word and then nothing, then another random word, then nothing.

I don't know what's been done on the computer by the kids or me, but the space on my C drive went way down in the last week or so. I've been deleting extraneous stuff all morning to see if it would help with E.S. Two recent things I had added might have had something to do with the hiccuping - Ewido spyware blocker and Google Desktop. After I uninstalled these items (and a few other odds and ends - music files, etc.), the E.S. worked fine.

How are you making out with it??