Please help me export my video pad film!

Jennie

Hello!

I have made a film with videopad which is a little more than 4 minutes long and contains some videoclips (inlucing audiotrack in these clips), some photos and some text. I have a few effects.

But I can't export the film! :(

I want it to be able to send via Messenger and to be viewed at a phone/computer, so I thought that saving it in mp4 format for Iphone should be a good option.

But the program won't export. Several times it has just hanged - at different percentage of the film. I even left it working over night but it just hanged. Every time I had to cancel and force VP to shut down.

A few times it has completed export - but then without some of the content. These last times the computer also told me that it had blocked VP:s access to video units. I guess that can explain some, but I had problems Before that. 

I have tried to restart the computer, uninstall VP and reinstall it, and to export to an external hard drive - but without success. 

At this point I just want to finish exporting my film, which I want to send to my family for christmas. I don't want to spend more hours and days in frustration over my lack of ability to solve this on my own, and I don't want all my effort to to wasted, so if there is someone here who could help me exporting my film I would be so very, very grateful! :)

I hope this forum is still active. 

/Jennie

This forum is very active. The best way to get help is to share your project.  Someone will take a look and usually a fix comes quickly.

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •     Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Oh wow, I really wasn't hoping for much when I wrote but Thank you! 

I have followed your instructions. Here is the link to the back up folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TDbFmLdGhlfgqtyieNZdzzQFIDkAOBlq?usp=sharing 

The last times I have opened the project, after trying to export and failing, some effects have been affected but I can live with some hickups. :) 
I cannot correct them anyhow because now when I have uinstalled and reinstalled the videopad free (have also tried videopad with the free tryoutperiod), I no longer have access to the video effects. The buttons have turned gray and unclickable. Maybe the program has shut me off. :) 

I am so very grateful for your time & help! :-D 

Unlicensed VP versions do have limitations, especially after the trial period ends.  But the usual response is a prompt that an effect or feature isn't available w/o licensing.

The issues you experienced were likely due to the suggested unnecessarily Ultra High Def (auto-match) export resolution.  At 1080 HD all looks great with effects, and should work fine.

I see, I didn’t think the limitations would kick in so fast and I also thought that the suggested resolution would work.

Thank you so very much for your kind help! With both explanations and hands on help :)

Although I can't seem to access the file you linked to view or download it. Would it be possible to share it another way? 
i will try on my computer when I get home from work but on my phone I couldn’t get it. 

AVI export format often works on unlicensed copies, when mp4 fails.

The downloadable file is definitely available.  Try it on the PC.  It should play in the window that pops up, and be downloadable via the button in the toolbar.

Cute kids, looks good.

• borate changed the title to Please help me export my video pad film!

yes, I agree, cute kids (my relatives) :)

I'm sorry, the access problem was because of my settings - I have downloaded it now. 

Thank you so VERY VERY much! You are really amazingly helpful and kind!

You really made my day, and x-mas ☺️💛

I wish you the very best of holidays! ☺️