DTMF tones not comming through

ygeffens

Before I started using Axon PBX:

Call to a service number. They ask to press 1 for this, 2 for that...

No problem. These keys pressed are called DTMF-tones (here in Belgium), I don't know if that is a worldwide used name.

Now after installing Axon and registering the phones with Axon, these pressed keys are not understood by the other party. Axon uses the same SIP gateway as previously used with my ATA (Avm FritzBox WLAN).

The other party receives the tone, but in some compressed form, not "clear" enough to be decoded (to know the pressed key).

When routing that specific call over the fixed line, the problem is gone.

Having the AVM Fritzbox connecting directly (again) to my SIP gateway, also, the problem is gone.

First I was thinking it was caused because Axon registered with a different codec at my SIP gateway, but in the FAQ that it supports "all" codecs.

Any help is appreciated, because it's "anoying" having to route these specific numbers through my fixed line.

Even worse, callers to my shop have the possibility to choose: 1 for Shop, 2 for technical Deptartment. This is not functioning either. Just to say that it's also for people dialing in from a fixed phone.

Thanks !

Yves

• 5 months later...

With several other devices (ATAs) we've got the same problem, so I suggest they mix it in a next version?!...

We also do use Fritz 7050 ATA's and Allieddata, but the ATA's are not the problem, because when we connect directly to the gateway it is functioning.

I think it has something to do with re-invite.